My First Marketing Assignment

Topic 1

1. I want to get introduced to marketing because for most of my future career thoughts, I see myself somewhere within the field of marketing. I am using this course not only because it is necessary to take for my BA degree but because I need to decide if marketing is something I can really see myself going into and making a career out of.

2. Yes I am a business major and am leaning towards going into the marketing side of business within OSU, if and when I transfer. I have for the most part decided on dual enrolling to OSU but I need to find out in quite possibly this class alone if that is really necessary, or my two years at LBCC and my strong work ethic would suffice.

3. I am most interested in the data collection side i believe. I have not been introduced to all the sides of marketing therefore I am not sure if there is a different dimension I am more interested in. However, I am very much interested in the way people use technology and track our internet searches and footprints in order to know what we like and what to market to who.

4. I am slowly beginning to become more interested and entertained by the idea of self gratitude. I know this isn't much of a hobby but I enjoy thinking about the psychology of ourselves and what we take for granted on a daily basis. It really puts your life into perspective when you realize all you have when compared to millions of other people.


Topic 2

This April fools day, just like every other bought out a lot of amusing advertisements from the top dog companies. Due to the "foolish" nature of the holiday, most of the ads we see cannot be trusted to follow through on their promises. However, the Baja Bungalow promotion form Mountain Dew seems to be no joke. Mountain Dew has always been known for their many flavor variations of their popular beverage, therefore it comes as no surprise to hear that many connoisseurs were upset to see that the flavor Baja Blast was no longer available for purchase thus sparking the BringBajaBack campaign. Mountain Dew proposed the Baja Bungalow, a Bungalow located in Cabo Pulmo, Mexico.

The promotion promises:

As they are reportedly taking reservations for the Bungalow, it seems to be a legit vacation destination for the hardcore Mountain Dew fans. As far as we know this is the only way you can get your hands on the notoriously flavor of Mountain Dew. Because of the extensive demand for the Baja Blast it is easily expected for the Bungalow to be filled completely and for this promotion to go down as just another one of Mountain Dews heavily successful Advertisements.

What I would do differently: I would have changed the date of when they released the Baja Bungalow promotion. I feel it could have more successful if it was announced sometime not around April Fools day. This gave off the impression that it is a mere joke whereas they could have went live with the idea at a different time and had more people realize it is a real opportunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Case Study, Alfred Camera - Tyler Currey

Week 2 Listening Exercise - Samsung Doing VR Right